- Part 1 - CPP Card Protection & Identity Protection Compensation Letter
- Part 2 - CPP Compensation Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 3 - What is a CPP Card Protection Policy and what does it cover?
- Part 4 - What are the benefits of a CPP Identity Protection Policy?
- Part 5 - CPP Compensation – What happens next? Scheme of Arrangement
If you have received a letter from CPP about a Card Protection Policy you may be wondering what exactly a Card Protection Policy is. What did it cover? What were the benefits of a Card Protection Policy.
Summary of typical card protection policy benefits
• The facility to cancel lost or stolen cards and order replacements in one phone call.
• Cover for replacing locks and keys if your keys are lost or stolen (this includes car hire / travel expenses, costs of vehicle immobilisers or alarms being reset and costs of replacing vehicle infrared handsets), providing loss or theft is reported within 24 hours.
• Replacement passport and driving licence. You must be abroad when your passport or driving licence are lost or stolen to be eligible for replacements.
• Replacement of lost handbag or wallet. You must be away from home when your handbag or wallet are lost or stolen to be eligible for replacements and the loss or theft must be reported to the police as soon as possible.
• Cover for any cash that is lost or stolen along with any cards which are lost or stolen. You must be abroad when your cash is lost or stolen to be eligible to claim on the cover and the loss or theft must be reported to the police as soon as possible.
• Cover for the cost of retrieving lost or stolen personal items. You must be away from home when your personal items are lost or stolen to be eligible to claim on the cover and this does not cover the cost of replacing lost items which cannot be returned.